Sunday, February 3, 2013

Show and Tell

 One of my former students came to visit me one day to show me this bag. This was her final project in my class. At the time the project was due, she wasn't finished with it. She crocheted the whole thing. It is also fully lined! She says it is very heavy and only uses it sparingly. I am so proud of her for finishing it. It turned out very nice!










The next two photos are of quilt as you go (QAYG) quilts I saw on display. I'm working on one which I will show you later. It is far from finished. I will finish it...one of these days when I have the time.

The first one is very colorful and the next one was a black and white one.

















I took the next one because I thought it was a little unusual. It is not your usual Hawaiian Quilt. Instead of using all solids, the maker used a print for her design with different colored solids for her background. These are usually just made of two solid colored fabrics. I thought it turned out really nice!

 This is a picture of what I won in the latest quilt shop hop. I was so thrilled that I won something! I am using the fat quarters in Bonnie Hunter's lastest mystery quilt, Easy Street. Maybe a Jelly Roll Race Quilt is in my future?

I also saw these at the show where I saw the quilts. These are  little bags made out of wrappers! What a lot of work, but aren't they cute?

No comments: