Sunday, January 20, 2013

Cindy Walter

 I know this is a really blurry picture, but this is Cindy Walter, a quilter who painted her fabric she used to make the quilt she is holding up. She came to speak at our Bernina Club meeting last year. She wrote a book called Fabric Painting. After she came to our meeting she was on The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Timms. 

For those of you who are not familiar with The Quilt Show, it is an online Quilting video show, like a tv series, except that they feature quilters and their techniques. I used to subscribe to it, but I don't have enough time to watch all the shows. Maybe I'll purchase the shows later on DVD, but I still don't know if I'll have the time to watch them. sigh.

The next photo is of more fruits at the farmer's market. It is Sour Sop and they were huge! I saw an even bigger one the next week. You can kind of see how big is is in comparison to the person's watch and arm. I don't know how many pounds it weighed, but it was pretty big.

The next picture is of some bamboo shoots.
They were pretty big too. I hope they were tender. I know the smaller ones are very tender.


No comments: